2016 Wrangler NFR:
2016 World Standings
2016 Wrangler NFR
Born: Nov. 11, 1965, in Wolf Point, Mont.
Residence: Oelrichs, S.D.
Joined WPRA: 1993
Horses: An Oakie With Cash “Louie” (14-year old buckskin gelding) – Sire: Biebers Oakie/Dam: Lady Kaweah Cash; Fast An Gold “Chisum” (19-year-old chestnut gelding) - Sire: El Roco/Dam: Romanna Glass;
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR average titles: 2 (2014, 2016)
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 10 (2007-16)
Tour Finale title: 1
Caldwell Round: 2007
Tour Finale qualifications: 4
Caldwell Round: 2007-08
Puyallup Round: 2007-08
RNCFR qualifications (seasons qualified; years competed would be following year): 13 (1996, 1998-2000, 2005, 2007, 2009-14, 2016)
• Entered the Wrangler NFR ranked 7th. Won the average title setting a new record with 137.98 seconds on 10 runs. Previous record was held by Sherry Cervi in 2013 at 138.15. Also crossed the $2 million mark at the Wrangler NFR after winning $151,731 by placing in 5 rounds, winning the third round.
• Competed at just 38 rodeos and still qualified for the NFR; won the second most money over the Fourth of July run with $23,729 amongst barrel racers.
• Won the year-end title in the Montana Circuit (first in that circuit but 10th overall year-end title; other 9 was from the Badlands Circuit)
• Won the Range Days Rodeo (Rapid City, S.D.)
• Won the Wyoming State Fair & Rodeo (Douglas)
• Won Kimball (Neb.)-Bonner Co. Rodeo
• Won the Final round at the Cheyenne (Wyo.) Frontier Days Rodeo
• Won the Wolf Point (Mont.) Wild Horse Stampede
• Won the Oakley (Utah) Independence Day Rodeo
• Won the Greeley (Colo.) Independence Day Stampede
• 2015 - Finished as reserve world champion with $285,059 in earnings; placed in eight out of 10 rounds and was seventh in the average with a total time of 148.54 seconds on 10 runs. Won $123,538 at the NFR; Won Cheyenne (Wyo.) Frontier Days Rodeo, the Home of Champions Rodeo (Red Lodge, Mont.), the Calgary Stampede, the Champions Challenge in Spanish Fork, Utah, the Champions Challenge in Logandale, Nev. and the Champions Challenge in Scottsdale, Ariz.
• 2014 - Entered the Wrangler NFR ranked third. Won the average title in a time of 144.93 seconds on 10 runs. Finished second in the year-end standings just $10,927 from the world title. Won Rds 2 and 7 and placed in six other rounds. Finished the year with $265,514 after winning $143,897 at the Wrangler NFR; won the year-end title in the Badlands for the fourth straight time and won her ninth overall circuit title; won the Days of 76 Rodeo (Deadwood, S.D.), the Maah Daah Hey Stampede (Grassy Butte, N.D.), the Champions Challenge (Scottsdale, Ariz.) and the Parada Del Sol (Scottsdale, Ariz.).
• 2013 – Won three of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR and placed in four other rounds. Finished third in the average with a total time of 143.71 seconds on 10 runs and was third in the final world standings with $184,201. Was one of only three ladies to win rounds – others were 2013 World Champion Sherry Cervi and Taylor Jacob. Won $102,163 at the Wrangler NFR; won the year-end title in the Badlands Circuit Finals, the McCone County Fair PRCA Rodeo (Circle, Mont.), the North Peace Stampede (Grimshaw, Alberta), the Richland County Fair (Sidney, Mont.), the 53rd Annual Daines Ranch Rodeo (Innisfail, Alberta), the Luxton Pro Rodeo (Victoria, B.C.) and the Falkland (B.C.) Stampede
• 2012 – Finished third in the average at the 2012 Wrangler NFR and crossed the $1 million dollar mark in career earnings; placed in 8 out of 10 rounds and won the ninth round in a time of 13.66 seconds. Finished the year ranked fifth with $180,336; won the Canadian Finals Rodeo, the Ram Badlands Circuit Finals year-end title and average title, her 7th year-end title, the Bowman (N.D.) County Pro Rodeo, the Sitting Bull Stampede (Mobridge, S.D.), the Fallon County Fair & Rodeo (Baker, Mont.), the Red Horse Ranch PRCA Rodeo (Fergus Falls, Minn.), the Dick Stull Memorial Rodeo (Sterling, Colo.), the Richland County Fair & Rodeo (Sidney, Mont.), the Falkland (British Columbia) Stampede and Rodeo Austin
• 2011 – Placed in six out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR, winning Rds. 2 & 9. Entering the NFR had won $80,671 and almost equaled that in 10 days in Las Vegas winning $79,038. Finished the year ranked fourth with $159,710; won the Ram Badlands Circuit Finals year-end title and average title. This is her 6th year-end title, won the Bowman (N.D.) County Pro Rodeo, the Range Days Rodeo (Rapid City, S.D.), the McCone County Fair PRCA Rodeo (Circle, Mont.), the Catfish Stampede (Onida, S.D.), the Sundre (Alberta) Pro Rodeo, the Bonnyville (Alberta) Pro Rodeo and finished second at RodeoHouston.
• 2010 – Finished the year ranked fourth in the world with $188,027. Placed in seven out of 10 rounds, winning Rds. 1 and 5 with times of 13.84 seconds and 13.62 seconds, respectively. Finished third in the average and won $107,426 at the NFR, on the average title at the Dodge Badlands Circuit Finals Rodeo (Minot, N.D.). Qualified for the 2011 DNCFR with her husband, Grady, who qualified in tie-down roping, won the Catfish Stampede (Onida, S.D.), the Richland County Fair & Rodeo (Sidney, Mont.), the Dawson County Fair & Rodeo (Glendive, Mont.), the Strathmore (Alberta) Stampede, won a career best $17,957 during the Fourth of July, the Ponoka (Alberta) Stampede and RodeoAustin; co-champion at A Tribute to Chris LeDoux (Casper, Wyo.).
• 2009 – Entered the Wrangler NFR ranked eighth and finished the year ranked eighth with $120,246 after picking up $47,548 at the NFR. Placed in five out of 10 rounds, winning the final round in a time of 13.77 seconds. Was 5th in the average. Won the average title at the Dodge Badlands Circuit Finals Rodeo (Minot, N.D.). Won the Northeast Montana Fair and Rodeo (Glasgow), the Deadwood (S.D.) Days of 76 Rodeo, the Sundre (Alberta) Rodeo and the rodeo at Marwayne (Alberta).
• 2008 – Placed in five out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR. Finished the year ranked 12th in the world with $95,751. Was ninth in the average at the NFR and won $24,069; won the Red Horse Ranch PRCA Rodeo (Fergus Falls, Minn.), the Deadwood (S.D.) Days Rodeo, the Ogden (Utah) Pioneer Days Rodeo, the Corn Palace Stampede Rodeo (Mitchell, S.D.) and the Sundre (Alberta) Pro Rodeo.
• 2007 – Finished the year ranked fifth in the world with $125,492 and was ninth in the average at the Wrangler NFR and won $58,173.Won the Luxton Pro Rodeo (Victoria, B.C.), the North Peace Stampede (Grimshaw, Alberta), the Caldwell Night Rodeo (Ariat Playoffs of the Wrangler ProRodeo Tour) and the Badlands Circuit Finals Rodeo (Minot, N.D.); was co-champion at the Wolf Point (Mont.) Wild Horse Stampede.
• 2006 – Won the Strathmore (Alberta) Stampede and the Canadian National Finals (Edmonton, Alberta), capturing two rounds on her 41st birthday.
• 2005 – Finished 43rd in the world standings with earnings of $24,778.
An Oakie with Cash “Louie” was voted the Horse with the Most Heart (presented in memory of Rockem Sockem Go “Rocky” owned by Kelly Kaminski) in 2011; Won the Guy Weadick Award at the Calgary Stampede in 2016.
Husband Grady (married 1994), a PRCA tie-down roper who won the Badlands Circuit Finals in 1996; kids, Alyssa (15), Thane (13) and Cade (10)…Ranches and trains horses when she is not on the road competing…Served on the Oelrichs (S.D. ) School Board...Sponsored by: Platinum Performance, B Bar Heart Performance Horses, Cowgirl Tuff, DeTye Vet Supply, Woody's Performance Horse Feeds, Priefert Ranch Equipment, Circle Y Saddles, Classic Equine