2011 World Standings
2011 Wrangler NFR
Born: Sept. 10, 1965, in Pierre, S.D.
Residence: Letcher, S.D.
Joined WPRA: 1995
Horse: TR Dashing Badger "Dolly" (12-year-old gray mare) - Sire: Mr. Illuminator/Dam: TR Double Bar; TM Firefrost Annie "Annie" (7-year old mare) - Sire: Firewater Flit/Dam: Kitafrost Gal
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR average titles: 2 (2008, 2010)
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 4 (2007-08, 2010-11)
Tour Finale titles: 1
• Caldwell: 2007
Tour Finale qualifications: 9
• Caldwell: 2007-08
• Puyallup: 2007-08
• Omaha: 2007-08, 10
• Dallas: 2007-08
DNCFR qualifications: 2 (2005-06)
Education: West Texas A&M (Canyon), bachelor's degree in animal science.
• Won the Sheridan (Wyo.) Rodeo.
• Finished in a tie for first at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo but lost the tie-breaker by a mere penny to Britany Fleck.
• Won the American Royal (Kansas City, Mo.) Rodeo.
• Won her second NFR average title just a year after thinking she wouldn't be able to compete on Dolly again after the mare suffered from plural pneumonia. Set a new NFR average record with a total time of 138.26 seconds on 10 runs. Placed in eight out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR with four seconds, two thirds, a fourth and a fifth. Finished the year as the WPRA Reserve World Champion with $219,686.
• Won the Horse Heaven Roundup (Kennewick, Wash.)
• Won the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo (Colorado Springs, Colo.).
• Won the Strawberry Days Rodeo (Pleasant Grove, Utah).
• Co-champion at the Beef Empire Days PRCA Rodeo (Garden City, Kan.).
• Won the Lakeside (Calif.) Rodeo.
• Won the Laughlin (Nev.) River Stampede.
• Won the Red Bluff (Calif.) Rodeo.
• 2009 - Finished the year ranked 23rd with $39,520. Won Rodeo Austin (Texas).
• 2008 - Won the average title at the 2008 Wrangler NFR with a 10 run total of 140.11 seconds. Was only one of two barrel racers to turn in 10 clean runs at the NFR. Maegan Reichert was the other competitor. Placed in seven out of 10 rounds en route to the average title winning the first round for the second consecutive year stopping the clock in 14.02 seconds. Won $104,117, which was only second to world champion Lindsay Sears who won $139,002. Finished the year ranked second with a total of $218,880; won the most money over the Fourth of July with $25,698; won the New Mexico State Fair and Rodeo (Albuquerque), the Greeley (Colo.) Independence Stampede, the Livingston (Mont.) Round-Up and the San Angelo (Texas) Stock Show and Rodeo.
• 2007 - Won Rd. 1 and Rd. 6 of the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo and placed in seven rounds overall on her way to earning $83,690. Finished the year third in the world with $169,099; was co-champion at the Wrangler ProRodeo Tour Ariat Playoffs (Caldwell, Idaho) but lost the tie-breaker to be the overall champion; won the Wrangler ProRodeo Tour round at the Cheyenne (Wyo.) Frontier Days Rodeo, the Beef Empire Days PRCA Rodeo (Garden City, Kan.), the Black Hills Round-up (Belle Fourche, S.D.), the Mandan (S.D.) Rodeo Days and the Horse Heaven Roundup (Kennewick, Wash.).
• 2006 - Won the Dodge Badlands Circuit Finals Rodeo and the Mandan (N.D.) Rodeo Days; co-champion at the Deadwood (S.D.) Days of '76 Rodeo; Finished 23rd in the world standings with earnings of $36,173.
• 2005 - Finished 49th in the world standings with earnings of $19,794.
South Dakota Rodeo Association (SDRA) barrel racing champion (1996-97, 1999, 2000, 2004-06); five-time NRCA barrel racing champion.
TR Dashing Badger "Dolly" won the 2010 WPRA Horse with the Most Heart Award.
Husband, Terry, (married in 2005) a former bull rider and owns Moody Auto Body in Letcher, S.D.; stepson, Toby Moody and stepdaughter, Tera Moody....Trains barrel racing horses when not competing…Hobbies include braiding, painting tack and watching TV…Sister, Jana Griemsman is also a barrel racer. Parents are Clint and Ruby Schimkat…Graduated from Pierre (S.D.) High School…Underwent surgery for cervical cancer in 1996 and needed two years to get back to full strength…Favorite rodeo is Cheyenne (Wyo.) Frontier Days…A self-professed "horse-crazy child," began barrel racing in 1976…Gave the buckle she received for winning the first round of the Wrangler NFR in 2007 to the family of Harry Thomas, who owns her primary barrel horse, Dolly. Moody made the gesture in memory of Thomas' granddaughter, Taylor, who was killed in a car accident…The South Dakota Sportswriters Association named her the state's 2007 female athlete of the year…Favorite food is ice cream and her mom's enchiladas and favorite movie is Tin Cup…Rodeo idol is Lane Frost…Nearly lost Dolly in July of 2009 after the mare came down with plural pneumonia in Canada. Moody nursed her back to health and qualified for the 2010 Wrangler NFR.