2018 Earnings: $137,267 Career Earnings: $2,190,323
Steele Magnolias "Steeley" (11-year-old mare) Sire: Magnolia Bar Jet/Dam: Kings Frosted Lady; Yeah Hes Firen "Duke" (15-year old palomino gelding) - Sire: Alive N Firen/Splended Discovery; Babe On The Chase "Birdie" (7-year old mare) - Sire: Chasin Firewater/Dam: Streakin Six Babe; KissKiss BangBang "Mona" (8-year old mare) Sire: Dash Ta Fame/Dam: CD Nick Bar
1. Excluding qualifying for the Wrangler NFR, what are your top 2 highlights of the 2018 season?
Winning Salinas, CA on Duke and doing well at Puyallup on Duke as well
2. Which rodeo is still on your "bucket list" to win?
I would like win Calgary, Houston, and San Antonio
3. At what point during the season did you know you had a lock on the Wrangler NFR?
After July I was pretty sure I had it made but I still went hard just incase I was wrong. It actually took more money than I think a lot of people projected.
4. What are you most looking forward to doing/experiencing in Las Vegas?
Im just excited to be back and looking forward to running down the alley way 10 times
5. Have you ever been to LasVegas other than the NFR? What shows, or events are your most favorite things to do?
Vegas is fun town and I have been to just about all the shows. I would really like to go see Brittany Spears but she isn't in town while we are there for the rodeo. I highly recommend going to see the micheal Jackson show.
6. What has been your proudest moment this past season?
Getting to step back on Duke, it has been a dream come true. He has the biggest and heart and more try than any other horse I have ever ridden.
7. How would you describe your horse's running and turning style...do you think the Thomas & Mack environment will compliment it?
Duke has always loved the Thomas and Mack and I so excited to be able to ride him there again.
8. What are you most thankful for?
I am most thankful for my family and the fact that I get to do what I love everyday of my life.
9. List your sponsors
10. Who or what keeps you most grounded and humble?
I would say my husband is my rock. He is always there for me.
11. What kind of support team do you have, i.e. Driver or someone who figures out the logistics of getting to all the rodeos, i.e. layovers or Someone who gets them entered in the rodeos, keeps track of standings
My husband Garrett does all the entering
Vet and Farrier while on the road
Marty Tanner is my vet and if we have a problem he flies out to help, My farrier is Scott Funston and he flies out to where I am as well to shoe my horses.
I do all my own accounting and books
12. What is your go to snack food on the road?
Lately I have been on a big nut kick trying to stay somewhat healthy
13. What is your favorite app on your phone?
I probably use facebook and my maps app the most.
14. Which do you enjoy watching more, television or movies? What types: drama, sports, comedy, romance? Which specific ones are your favorite?
I love drama tv series Greys Anatomy, Suits, Black List, and Scandal
15. Have you endured any “life changing” moments?
I have endured many life changing moments.... some good, some bad, and ones that I thought I would never come back from and I have learned to grow from those and to take nothing for granted and to enjoy the small things in life.
16. Rodeo life is full of obstacles and challenges. What was your greatest challenge this year and how did you overcome it?
I think my biggest obstacle this year was the weather, There was about 5 rodeos that I ran over the 4th that I had no chance at because of the weather. It was hard to swallow because I had such a good fourth the year before.
17. What life lesson did you learn from your challenges this year?
I learned that their are a lot of things out of our control and you just have to go with the flow
18. If you could live in any other area of the US other than where you now reside where would it be?
Victoria is not the greatest place in Texas to live but it is close to my family and with Tinlee and 50 head of horses we need all the help we can get. I would like to live more central in Texas.
19. What sport other than rodeo would you shine in?
I played golf in high school and was decent but never went any further with it because it took to much time away from the horses
20.What is a daily "must do/have" to keep your life organized or stress free?
21. What's a misconception about barrel racing?
That making the NFR is easy... It is not!!! I used to think it was easy until I didnt make it for three years and then came to realize it takes very special horses and a team of people.