2018 Earnings: $103,692 Career Earnings: $266,138
Bogie Is A Smash "Smash" (10-year old gelding) - Sire: Bogie Biankus/Dam: Bogies Devine Smash; Traffic Guy Shine “Shiner” (5-year old mare) – Sire: Traffic Guy/Dam: I Am Tizzie
1. Excluding qualifying for the Wrangler NFR, what are your top 2 highlights of the 2018 season.
- Winning RFD TV’s The American
- Winning the RNCFR
2. Which rodeo is still on your "bucket list" to win?
3. At what point during the season did you know you had a lock on the Wrangler NFR?
After I won the Cody Stampede
4. What are you most looking forward to doing/experiencing in Las Vegas?
Taking in the moment to its fullest
5. Have you ever been to LasVegas other than the NFR? What shows, or events are your most favorite things to do?
The only other time I have been was to attend the NFR as a spectator. We went on our Honeymoon in 2012 and got to take in some of the sights. My favorite was the water show at the Bellagio! Honestly, that trip was what pushed me over the edge. After the final perf, I told Jeremy that we weren’t coming back until I was running down the alley… 6 months later we bought Smash and the rest is my fairytale.
6. What has been your proudest moment this past season?
Winning the American
7. How would you describe your horse's running and turning style...do you think the Thomas & Mack environment will compliment it?
Long strided and round. I think it fits him pretty well.
8. What are you most thankful for?
Being able to live this dream
9. List your sponsors
Classic Equine, Oxy-gen, Cinch Jeans, Purina, Shefit apparel, K&N equine solutions, Mirage Rodeo Vegas, Resistol, Round Top Farm and Ranch Supply
10. Who or what keeps you most grounded and humble?
Smash on his cold weather days!
11. Who pushes you most to achieve an NFR qualification?
I think you have to want this to achieve this. The rodeo grind is not for the faint of heart and you have to be your biggest motivation. Obviously you also have to have a strong support group behind you and I am blessed with that also.
12. What kind of support team do you have, i.e.
It takes a village to be able to live this life and I couldn’t do it with out ALL of them
13. What is your go to snack food on the road?
14. Which former NFR or World Champion Barrel Racer would you seek rodeo advice from and why?
I picked Tammy Fischer to seek advice from and she guided me along the way. I would strongly suggest that more people seek out advice from the ones that have been there and done that. Tammy has been there every step of the way.
15. Do you travel with any animals other than your horses and if yes, tell us about them.
No, just my horses
16. Have you ever sung karaoke? What is your favorite song to sing?
I don’t like microphones so karaoke isn’t exactly my first choice for entertainment
17. What is your favorite app on your phone?
I tear up my ESPN app checking the scores and latest sports news
18. Which do you enjoy watching more, television or movies? What types: drama, sports, comedy, romance? Which specific ones are your favorite?
Im typically a live sports fan so I would say TV and sports… I fall asleep in the movie theaters
19. Have you endured any “life changing” moments?
I wouldn’t necessarily narrow it down to one moment but would rather say my rodeo career has been a life changing experience as a whole.
20. Rodeo life is full of obstacles and challenges. What was your greatest challenge this year and how did you overcome it?
The mental game is the biggest challenge for me. I worked hard this year on getting more focus on the task at hand and not let myself get psyched out.
21. If you could live in any other area of the US other than where you now reside where would it be?
I really enjoy the mountains so I would say somewhere in the rockies.
22. What sport other than rodeo would you shine in?
I enjoy playing recreational softball when I can and the occasional basketball or sand volleyball game with my friends.
23. What is a daily "must do/have" to keep your life organized or stress free?
I like to just go ride out in the pasture, that is my stress relief. I don’t focus on training just the enjoyment of a pure connection between me and my horses.
24. What is you #1 "must have" for keeping your trailer organized and stocked as needed? Would it be in the horse area or living quarters area?
Living quarters can get tight and I am a little OCD when it comes to the inside of my trailer. So I typically grab the broom a lot to keep my home away from home feeling cozy.
25. What's a misconception about barrel racing?
People tend to think its easy… but its not