2010 World Standings
Born: July 22, 1963
Residence: Big Cabin, Okla.
Joined WPRA: 1983
Horse: Perryman Star "Amigo" (17-year old bay gelding) - Sire: Perryman Doc/Dam: Misty Star Rhine; Doc Hickorys Cross "Goose" (10-year-old gray gelding) - Sire: Hickorys Friday/Dam: Dialas Cross
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 3 (2006-07, 2010)
Tour Finale qualifications: 9
• Pace Chute-out: 2003
• Caldwell Round: 2007
• Puyallup Round: 2007
• Omaha Round: 2003, 2006-07
• Championship: 2003, 2006-07
Education: Oklahoma Panhandle State University (Goodwell)
• Co-champion at the Tri-State Rodeo (Fort Madison, Iowa).
• Won the Harrison (Ark.) PRCA Rodeo.
• Won the Snake River Stampede (Nampa, Idaho).
• Won Licking (Mo.) PRCA Rodeo.
• Won the Buc Days Pro Rodeo (Corpus Christi, Texas).
• 2010 - Finished the year ranked 13th with $67,445. Placed in two out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR and won $11,863; won the Kit Carson County Fair & Rodeo (Burlington, Colo.), the Greeley (Colo.) Independence Stampede, the Abdallah Shrine Rodeo (Tonganoxie, Kan.), the Abbyville (Kan.) Frontier Days Rodeo & BBQ, the Guymon (Okla.) Pioneer Days Rodeo and the Fort Worth (Texas) Stock Show and Rodeo.
• 2009 - Broke her ankle mid-way through the season and had to call it quits for the year as a result.
• 2008 - Won Southwestern Arkansas District Livestock Show and Rodeo (Hope, Ark.) and the Oregon Trail Rodeo (Hastings, Neb.). Amigo missed much of the 2008 season after having surgery to remove a chip from one of his ankles. Therefore, Goose was called upon to help finish the year.
• 2007 - Finished the year ranked 14th with $71,901; placed 13th in the average at the Wrangler NFR and won $20,625; was co-champion at the Cody (Wyo.) Stampede; won the Buffalo Bill Rodeo (North Platte, Neb.), the Hugo (Okla.) PRCA Rodeo, the SandHills Stock Show and Rodeo (Odessa, Texas).
• 2006 - Won the State Fair of Louisiana Pro Rodeo (Shreveport, La.), the Oklahoma State Fair (Oklahoma City) and the average title at the National Western Stock Show and Rodeo (Denver); placed in four out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR. Finished the year ranked eighth in the world with $114,097.
Heartland Tour high money winner, 2002; Qualified for the College National Finals Rodeo four times (1981-85); National High School Rodeo Association finals qualifier.
Husband Marty, PRCA steer roper; son, Brodie. Marty owns Cowboy Rigs, where he sells and repairs horse trailers…Grew up in Colorado before moving to her home in Oklahoma. She attended the National Western as a young girl and was able to fulfill her childhood dream by taking the average title in 2006…Her father is Johnnie Mayhan and her mother is Raeola Shepherd and travels with Tana quite a bit….Used to work as a corporate marketing executive at JRDA, a state owned electric company but left in 2007 to pursue her barrel racing dreams full-time…She is also a member of the ministry team with Cowboy Junction in Vinita, Okla., where she leads cowgirl fellowship…Amigo was raised by Danny Perryman of Arkansas and trained by Tana…In 2010 she was elected as the Prairie Circuit Director and will serve on the WPRA Board of Directors…Was featured in More magazine in Feb. 2010…Larry Evans raised Goose but sold to Poppino after learning he had cancer.