2014 World Standings
Born: May 26, 1968
Residence: Texline, Texas
Horse: Crickets Peppy Zan “Zan” (13-year old sorrel gelding) – Sire: Zan Parr Cricket/Dam: Georges Bay Miss
Joined the WPRA: 2008
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 1 (2013)
DNCFR qualifications: 0
• Tied for second in the final round at the Calgary Stampede
• Won the Raton (N.M.) PRCA Rodeo
• Finished second at Coleman (Texas) PRCA Rodeo
• Finished second at Kit Carson County Fair & Rodeo (Burlington, Colo.)
• 2013 – Finished the year ranked 15th in the world with $69,847 in earnings. Won the Calgary (Alberta) Stampede.
• 2012 – Finished the year ranked 34th in the world with $31,358. Won the WPRA Qualifying Tour race at the WPRA World Finals (Lincoln, Neb.) to qualify for the Calgary Stampede in 2013.
• 2011 – Won the New Mexico State Fair & Rodeo (Albuquerque) and the Kansas Largest Night Rodeo (Pretty Prairie, Kan.). Finished the year ranked 70th with $14,712.
• 2010 –Finished the year ranked 29th with $30,769; finished second at the Colorado State Fair (Pueblo)
• 2009 – Finished second in the rookie standings with $25,021 and 38th in the WPRA NFR Standings.
• 2008 – Filled her WPRA permit in Santa Fe, N.M.
Husband, Guy (rodeo producer); sons, Pecos and Brazos…Has been mentored by WPRA World Champion Kappy Allen…When she bought her horse (Crickets Peppy Zan) in 2008, he started out as simply a trader type horse and she planned to keep him five months, then resale him for a profit. It wasn’t that he wasn’t good but a friend of hers saw him and asked if she thought they could make money off of him, so Winters said sure. She started him on barrels. After five months when he went through the sale she didn’t take the bid even though they would have made a profit at that time. There was just something about the horse that she liked, so she bought him about three months later. Having never trained a barrel horse, she tells people that God trained that horse. She wasn’t sure what she was looking for in a barrel horse but there was something about him that she liked.,,Enjoys going to the horse races and white water rafting…Favorite food is Mexican food, favorite place to eat on the road Rosas Café, favorite movie is George of the Jungle, favorite singers are George Strait and Patsy Cline.